Monday, August 17, 2015
Sunday Suppers - Weekly Planning
Sunday Suppers - Baking
Roasted Potatoes & Butternut Squash
This meal needs no introduction. Let's pre-heat dat oven and get cookin' hot stuff.
All your meats: Chicken tenderloins, chicken thighs, tilapia fillets
1. First season your meats.
I like to season my meats before freezing or storing them in the fridge. This gives my meats marinated flavor and texture. Get creative, go crazy to this. Not to mention, it saves time when you're ready to cook.
2. Spread your foil, or since I ran out, use parchment paper. End result still has great flavor and texture.
3. Divide your meats evenly however you choose. Try to keep them separate if possible, so as not to blend all those distinct flavors into one.
4. Once all the meats are in place, WASH YOUR HANDS. Then, proceed to slice, dice, and chop your veggies.
5. Season generously with season blends of your choice, and moisten with olive oil. Olive oil is your roasting, baking, basting, bbf (best buds forever)! Trust me.
(Remember season salts, season alls, and various pre-packages seasoned blends hide quite a bit of salt, sodium and preservatives. Try to create your own spice blends whenever possible. However,there is nothing wrong with sparingly keeping and using your go-to's and time savers. Everything in moderation.
6. Evenly distribute your vegetables.
(This time, I let the string beans hang out with the bbq chicken thighs. On another baking sheet, I let the potatoes and butternut squash get to know each other.)
7. Tuck everyone into the warm oven. Cooking times will vary. (For me the chicken strips and tilapia finished first. The root vegetables were pulled out last. )
8. You're all set. Dinner for tonight and meals for the week.
Pre-seasoned meats. Marinate in your own creativity
Snug as a bug in a rug
Meals for the week
(Pictured but not in the recipe, steak, red beans and brown rice....coming soon)