Monday, August 17, 2015
Sunday, August 9, 2015
|Garlic, #IASOTea sachet, onions|
|Add fresh herbs to olive oil to infuse flavor|
Be careful when using seasonings like #OldBay, they tend to hide a lot of salt
I encourage you to create your own blend
Enjoy, you did dat!
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
|Dredging station, with meats I seasoned before freezing|
|Always use flax seed, chia seeds, natural herbs with your seasonings|
|My sous chef dredging up the hotness|
|Plated homemade nuggets, green peas, and sassy sauteed carrots|
|I'm ready for my close up|
Bob Marley - Stir it Up
Lupe Fiasco - Next to it
The Commodores Easy
Ester Dean - Drop it low ft Chris Brown
Just Keep Swimming - Dory
Chaka Khan - Through the fire
Frozen - Let it snow
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
|"Cheesy, Yummy"-my critics approve|
How could you NOT have a secret love affair with cheese? Just look at that!!!!
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
1/4 Green pepper
1 Garlic clove
1 Block of Parmesan cheese (or bag if that's your twist - I still use it sometimes)
1 Handful of cherry or grape tomatoes (the little ones)
1 Roasting dish
2 Skewers (Or a handful of toothpicks - my normal "go to" but we ran out. Thanks, Uncle Dave!)
2 Chicken breasts
Homemade dressing/vinaigrette or olive oil
& a partridge in a pear treeeeeee (Nah, not really, but it felt right!)
1. Turn up the heat
(Preheat the oven to 350)
2. Smooth out the sheets
(Lay foil over baking dish)
3. Brutally take out your frustration on your veggies
(Dice onion, green pepper, tomatoes, and garlic)
4. Torture your cheese with the grater
(Grate your cheese, about a half of cup. But anyone who knows me, knows the more cheese, the better)
5. Use fingers to marry the ingredients together
(Mix all your prep)
6. Sprinkle a snowfall of seasonings over your newly-prep
(Season the prepped veggies and cheese)
7. Make it rain olive oil or homemade vinaigrette
(Drizzle oil/dressing over seasoned prep)
8. Perform the finger marriage one mo' time.
(Blend all the seasoned prep, cheese, and oil)
9. Side Piece dat
(Set aside for later)
10. Decorate your bird
(Season Chicken) *Cheat code: preseason meats before freezing, or marinade before cooking
11. Split dem chicks
(Butterfly the chicken breasts)
12. Lay it dowwwwwwwn, down down (Dwele! No, nobody? Just me? Ok, I'm kewl wit dat)
(Lay butterflied breasts on baking dish)
13. Raaaaain downnnn onnnn theeee (SWV! No? I give up....)
(Drizzle oil over seasoned, butterflied breasts and the baking dish)
14. Make sweet seasoned love with breasts and foil
(Rub the oil over breasts and pan simultaneously)
15. Saturday night dat side piece
(Grab those prepped, seasoned, cheesy veggies=your stuffing)
16. Shove it in there (it's ok, we've lubed it with the oil/dressing)
(Stuff your breasts with your stuffing & drizzle one more time with oil/vinaigrette.)
17. Perform open-breasts surgery
(Use toothpicks or skewers to close the breasts - sealing in that cheesy goodness)
18. Snuggle them under the covers
(Cover with foil - spray the top blankie so any cheesy goodness that oozes out isn't sacrificed)
19. Take it to the heat
(Put in the 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes)
20. Interrupt the interlude
(Uncover halfway through & reduce heat to 325)
21. Let them catch their breath
(Let your meat rests)
22. Slice & Serve
(Serve whole breasts to adults, cut in half for children)
23. Back yourself on the back, your da ish
(No really, you're da ish)
24. Bon Apetit
|Prepped Veggies & Hand-Shredded Cheese|
|Mixed veggies, cheese, seasonings, and homemade vinaigrette|
|Butterfly your chicken breasts|
|Butterflied breast, mixed filling, homemade vinaigrette|
|Skewered stuffed breasts|
|2 skewered stuffed breasts (raw)|
|Cooked Italian Stuffed Breasts|
Sunday, June 28, 2015
1/4 Green pepper
1 Garlic clove
Salmon (canned or cooked)
1 funky good time adding your favorite seasonings
1 very excited toddler anxious to assist (optional)
1 small pinch of patience for all the food that will make its way to your floor
1. Get your kitchen hot & steamy.
(Preheat oven to 350)
2. Slide the foil lovingly over your baking dish.
(Cover baking dish with foil)
3. Proceed to demolish the veggies in a most meticulously, controlled way.
(Dice the veggies)
4. Invite all ingredients to a party in the mixing bowl.
(Combine all ingredients in the bowl)
5. Use your hands to get those ingredients mingling & dancing.
(Blend all ingredients using your hands)
6. Recruit overly excited toddler to help.
(Use at your own risk)
7. Play in your food.
(The two of you take turns scooping out mixture and making little croquettes)
8. Spread the love...all over your baking dish.
(Evenly distribute croquettes on baking dish)
9. Make it rain.
(Drizzle with olive oil)
10. Take it to the heeeaaatt, yeaaahh.
(Bake for 25-35 minutes)
Main attraction to your favorite side kick.
(Serve with your favorite side dish)
In a sea of green.
(In a salad)
On a veg bed.
(In a lettuce wrap)